Call for Expression of Interest in Hosting the International Symposium on Sensor Science (I3S)
The I3S Steering Committee seeks Expressions of Interest (EoI) from universities/organizations/individual scholars to host an edition of the I3S Conference Series. There is no restriction in the geographic areas considered.
What is I3S?
The International Symposium on Sensor Science (I3S) is a conference series dedicated to bring together scientists and leaders in the field from different areas to discuss important recent developments in sensor sciences.
So far five International Symposia on Sensor Science (I3S) have been held.
The 1st International Symposium on Sensor Science (I3S2003) in Paris, France
The 2nd International Symposium on Sensor Science (I3S2004) in Nanjing, China
The 3rd International Symposium on Sensor Science (I3S2005) in Juelich, Germany
The 4th International Symposium on Sensor Science (I3S2015) in Basel, Switzerland
The 5th International Symposium on Sensor Science (I3S2017) in Barcelona, Spain
The 6th International Symposium on Sensor Science (I3S2018) will be held in Kenting, Taiwan
The 7th International Symposium on Sensor Science (I3S2019) will be held in Napoli, Italy
Please note that the follow-on editions will not be restrained to the topics discussed in previous editions and, therefore, new and different topics within the sensor science field are sought.
From 2017, the I3S will be organized annually. The I3S Steering Committee is accepting EoIs to organize the 2020 and 2021 editions until 31 May 2018.
Bidders must provide arguments that they have the facility and capacity to organize and host a three-day symposium for 200–300 participants including:
- Easy access to the symposium venue and the capability to offer a wide range of services, such as catering, WLAN and internet services, organization of social events, etc.
- Ability to cover all costs with registration fees and sponsoring.
- Capacity to handle and collect registration fees.
When necessary, and based on the input provided by the local host, MDPI will provide support to manage the website on Sciforum, to edit the abstracts and to prepare the conference book. MDPI will help to design the logos and banners for the conference website following the style of previous I3S editions. MDPI will promote the new conference edition on relevant MDPI journals homepages.
Expression of Interest Instructions
- EoI must be submitted by 31 May 2018 to EoI@mdpi.com
- The length of the application should not exceed two A4 pages and should include:
- Name(s) of the bidder(s), contact details and a short biography
- Name of the planned venue (city and infrastructure)
- Proposed dates for the conference
- Once all the bids have been reviewed, the selection committee will invite bidders to submit a detailed proposal by 30 June 2018.
The Selection Committee looks forward to receiving your EoI. Please feel free to forward this call for EoI to other interested parties.
The Selection Committee:
Dr. Lucia Russo
Ms. Xihong Yue
Mr. Matthias Burkhalter