Travel and Accommodation
Barcelona, the capital of Catalonia, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe. The city combines modern and historic architecture in a unique way. The city offers a wide range of accommodation so that everyone can find their perfect base camp by themselves.
|You can visit the official website of Barcelona Turisme for further information.|
Some reasons to choose Barcelona - More info
We want your stay in Barcelona during the conference to be as good as possible. With that in mind, we have reached an agreement with several hotels to make your accommodation choice a bit easier.
We are delighted to announce that the following hotels will offer a discounted price for all attendees to the Viruses 2018 conference:
Atiram Hotels will offer 10% discount on room booking:
- Oriente Atiram and Meson Castilla Atiram: Located in Las Ramblas, have a fantastic central location, next to Plaza Catalunya and the famous Boqueria market, 25 minutes away (by metro) from the conference venue.
- Arenas Atiram: The Arenas Atiram Hotel offers a highly personalized service together with very friendly, elegant facilities, only a few meters away from the conference venue.
- Tres Torres Atiram: Located in the center of one of the best residential neighborhoods of Barcelona, next to the distinguished commercial and leisure districts Diagonal Avenue, 2 km away from the conference venue.
Please add the discount code ‘VIRUSES18’ while making your reservation.
Additionally, the following hotels will also offer a 10% discount from 7 to 9 of February using the code ‘SERCOTELVIRUSES18’ :
- Hotel U232 offers great service and attention to detail and is located 20 minutes away by tram from the venue.
- B-Hotel is a modern hotel that offers comfort and design, located in Plaza España, 20 minutes away by metro from the conference venue.
- Hotel Barcelona Universal and Hotel Reding Croma are in an excellent location in the city centre 25 minutes away by metro from the venue.
To ensure availability, we encourage you to book your accommodation as soon as possible.
Getting to Barcelona
|By Plane||By Train|
Once in Barcelona:
Below are some references on trips and prices from Barcelona Airport to:
Faculty of Biology, University of Barcelona (Venue)
Working days 23 €. aprox.
Holidays, weekends and nights: 26 € aprox.
Plaza Catalunya (city center)
Working days: 26 € aprox.
Holidays, weekends and nights: 30 € aprox.
Public taxis can apply four types of fares in Barcelona. These fares must be visible inside the taxi, and are usually printed on a sticker over the window. Finally, the amount payable must be indicated on the taximeter.
Citizens of the EU and the EFTA
Citizens of EU and EFTA countries must present valid personal identification, an ID card or a passport. No visa is required.
Regardless of their citizenship, family members of EU and EFTA citizens must present a valid passport and they must have a specific residence permit from a Schengen country (no visa required). Otherwise a visa must be obtained.
For more information, see http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Portal/en/ServiciosAlCiudadano/InformacionParaExtranjeros/Paginas/Inicio.aspx.
EU Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
EFTA Countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland.
Schengen Countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
Citizens of the USA and Canada
A valid passport is required. No visa is required for stays of up to 90 days.
A valid passport is required and in some cases a visa must be obtained prior to entering Spain. For more information, check http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Portal/en/ServiciosAlCiudadano/InformacionParaExtranjeros/Paginas/RequisitosDeEntrada.aspx.
Subscription to an insurance plan to protect you from the high costs of illness or accident during your stay in Spain is a prerequisite for obtaining your visa. You should obtain adequate travel, health and accident insurance before you depart from your country. The organizers are not responsible for personal injuries, or loss of, or damage to, private property belonging to the congress participants.
Letter of Invitation
A letter of invitation can be requested during the registration process using the "comments" field. The letter will be sent to you by email once the registration fees has been received. Letters of invitation do not include responsibility of, and, do not imply any financial support from the conference organizers.