Instructions for Authors
Procedure for Submission, Peer-Review, Revision and Acceptance of Conference Proceedings Papers
- Scholars interested in participating with the conference can submit their abstract (about 200-300 words covering the areas of Communications for the proceedings issue) online on this website until 30 September 2011.
- The conference committee will pre-evaluate, based on the submitted abstract, whether a contribution from the authors of the abstract will be welcome for this 15th edition of ECSOC. All authors will be notified by 10 October 2011 about the acceptance of their abstract.
- If the abstract is accepted for this conference, the author is asked to submit his full communication paper, optionally along with a PowerPoint presentation of his/her paper, until the submission deadline of 20 October 2011.
- The conference committee will then organize a round of peer-review of the submitted communication papers, and authors are eventually asked to revise their paper based on peer-reviewer's comments.
- Finally, accepted communication papers will appear on the website immediately after their acceptance.
- Presented communications papers can be discussed, commented and rated during the time of the conference, 1-30 November 2011.
Communications for the proceedings issue must have the following organization:
- Full author names
- Affiliations and authors' e-mail addresses
- Methods / Experim
- Results and Discussion
Communications should be prepared in MS Word or any other word processor and should be converted to the PDF format before submission. The publication format will be PDF. The Communication paper should count at least 3 pages (incl. figures, tables and references). There is no page limit on the length, although authors are asked to keep their papers as concise as possible.
Authors are encouraged to preare a couple of slides in PowerPoint or similar software, to be displayed online along with the Communication. Slides, if available, will be displayed directly in the website using Sciforum.net's proprietary slides viewer. Slides can be prepared in exactly the same way as for any traditional conference where research results can be presented. Slides should be converted to the PDF format before submission so that our process can easily and automatically convert them for online displaying.
MDPI AG, the publisher of the Sciforum.net platform, is an open access publisher. We believe that authors should retain the copyright to their scholarly works. Hence, by submitting a Communication paper to this conference, you retain the copyright of your paper, but you grant MDPI AG the non-exclusive right to publish this paper online on the Sciforum.net platform. This means you can easily submit your paper to any scientific journal at a later stage and transfer the copyright to its publisher (if required by that publisher).