Instructions for Authors
Procedure for Submission, Peer-Review, Revision and Acceptance of Extended Abstracts
The conference will accept extended abstracts only. The accepted abstracts will be available online on Sciforum.net during and after the conference. Papers based on the extended abstracts can be published by authors in the journal of their choice later on. The conference will not publish a proceedings volume.
Submission of Abstracts & Conference Registration
Submissions of abstracts should be done by the authors online. If you do not already have an user account with this website, please create one by registering with sciforum.net. After registration, please log in to your user account, and use the Submit New Abstract. Please chose the ISIS Summit Vienna 2015 conference in the first step. In the second step, choose the appropriate conference stream or conference session. In the third step you will be asked to type in the title, abstract and optionally keywords. In the fourth and last step, you will be asked to enter all co-authors, their e-mail addresses and affiliations.
- Scholars interested in participating in paper sessions of the Summit can submit their extended abstract (about 750 to 2'000 words) online on this website until 27 February 2015.
- The International Program Committee will review and decide about the suitability of abstracts for the ISIS Summit Vienna 2015. All authors will be notified by 20 March 2015 about the acceptance of their extended abstract.
- If the abstract is accepted for this conference, the authors will be asked to send the a formatted version of the extended abstract as a PDF file by end of May 2015.
- Please register with the conference before or once your abstract is accepted. Please note that the acceptance of an abstract will not automatically register you with the conference. The abstract submission and conference registration are two separate processes.
Extended Abstract Format
Please use the abstract template. The formatted version of the extended abstracts must have the following organization:
- Full author names
- Affiliations (including full postal address) and authors' e-mail addresses
- Extended Abstract (750 to 2'000 words)
- Paper Format: A4 paper format, the printing area is 17.5 cm x 26.2 cm. The margins should be 1.75 cm on each side of the paper (top, bottom, left, and right sides).
- Paper Length: The manuscript should be about 3 pages long (incl. references).
- Formatting / Style: Please use the template to prepare your abstract (see on top of this page).
- References & Citations: The full titles of cited papers and books must be given. Reference numbers should be placed in square brackets [ ], and placed before the punctuation; for example  or [1-3], and all the references should be listed separately and as the last section at the end of the manuscript.
- Authors List and Affiliation Format: Authors' full first and last names must be given. Abbreviated middle name can be added. For papers written by various contributors a corresponding author must be designated. The PubMed/MEDLINE format is used for affiliations: complete street address information including city, zip code, state/province, country, and email address should be added. All authors who contributed significantly to the manuscript (including writing a section) should be listed on the first page of the manuscript, below the title of the article. Other parties, who provided only minor contributions, should be listed under Acknowledgments only. A minor contribution might be a discussion with the author, reading through the draft of the manuscript, or performing English corrections.
- Figures, Schemes and Tables: Authors are encouraged to prepare figures and schemes in color. Figure and schemes must be numbered (Figure 1, Scheme I, Figure 2, Scheme II, etc.) and a explanatory title must be added. Tables should be inserted into the main text, and numbers and titles for all tables supplied. All table columns should have an explanatory heading. Please supply legends for all figures, schemes and tables. The legends should be prepared as a separate paragraph of the main text and placed in the main text before a table, a figure or a scheme.
Copyright to the extended abstracts will stay with the authors of the paper. Authors will be asked to grant MDPI AG (Publisher of the Sciforum platform) and ISIS (organizer of the conference) a non-exclusive, non-revokable license to publish the abstracts online and possibly in print under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) license. As authors retain the rights to their abstracts and papers, papers can be published elsewhere later.