Please login first
Jamie Russell   Dr.  University Lecturer 
Timeline See timeline
Jamie Russell published an article in September 2018.
Top co-authors
Mervyn Smyth

35 shared publications

Center for Sustainable Technologies, The School of the Built Environment; Ulster University; Belfast UK

Chelsea R Helms

1 shared publications

D Jason Miller

1 shared publications

3
Publications
14
Reads
4
Downloads
0
Citations
Publication Record
Distribution of Articles published per year 
( - 2018)
Total number of journals
published in
 
2
 
Publications
Article 0 Reads 0 Citations APPLYING PROJECT BASED LEARNING IN AN UNDERGRADUATE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM AT APPALACHIAN STATE UNIVERSITY James A Russell, Chelsea R Helms, R Chadwick Everhart, D Jas... Published: 01 September 2018
Journal of Green Building, doi: 10.3992/1943-4618.13.4.147
DOI See at publisher website
BOOK-CHAPTER 4 Reads 0 Citations Introduction to the Solar Winery Tony Milanowski, Mervyn Smyth, James Russell Published: 02 August 2011
Green Energy and Technology, doi: 10.1007/978-0-85729-844-7_1
DOI See at publisher website
Conference papers
CONFERENCE-ARTICLE 10 Reads 0 Citations A Sustainable Cost Benefit Assessment of Wall Assemblies from the US Department of Energy Solar Decathlon 2011 Chelsea Royall, James Russell Published: 29 October 2012
doi: 10.3390/wsf2-00879
DOI See at publisher website ABS Show/hide abstract
Residential homes consume 24% of total primary energy while commercial buildings use an additional 19%, totaling 43% of all energy consumption in the U.S. (United States Energy Information Administration [USEIA], 2011). Wall assemblies are a fundamental component of a building's construction and can make significant impacts on building performance. Wall assemblies impact the environment, the builder, and the homeowner in various ways. Depending on the assembly method used to construct walls, a builder may find it easier or more difficult to install, and will identify a labor cost accordingly. Homeowners desire a wall with an affordable cost and appropriate thermal performance. Environmental concerns include using rare or readily available materials or avoiding use of materials which require more energy to produce than they offset. Exploring these factors to discover the ideal wall assembly is critical to enhancing building construction and performance. The purpose of this study was to identify optimal wall assemblies from the US Department of Energy Solar Decathlon 2011 using a newly developed Sustainable Cost Benefit Assessment (SCBA). The wall assemblies were analyzed using cost per square foot, clear wall R-value, and embodied energy metrics as a means for comparison. Reviewing the entries to the Solar Decathlon 2011 it is clear that the structures incorporate unique wall assemblies, which have not yet been studied. The results of this study provide data showing which of these wall types may prove to offer the most energy efficient, affordable, and environmentally conscious options. In addition, it contributes data to suggest which methods should not be adopted for widespread use. The conclusions of this study help supply valuable information describing which wall types are the best options for reducing building energy consumption.
Top