- Go to the Sessions
- Event Details
Welcome from the Chairs
Call for Papers
The 11th International Electronic Conference on Synthetic Organic Chemistry (ECSOC-11) will run from 1 - 30 November 2007. ECSOC-11 Proceedings will be published later online and as a CD-ROM edition. Posters presented at ECSOC-11 may be considered as preliminary communications of new research results or review papers and may be published in another form later in any standard journal. At the authors discretion, contributions will be removed from the web-site after the end of the conference and not included in the online and CD-ROM proceedings editions. Authors are invited to publish their papers subsequently in Molecules.
Instructions for Authors
- Scholars interested in participating with the conference can submit their abstract (about 200-300 words covering the areas of Communications for the proceedings issue) online on this website until 30 September 2007.
- The conference committee will pre-evaluate, based on the submitted abstract, whether a contribution from the authors of the abstract will be welcome for this 11th edition of ECSOC. All authors will be notified by 10 October 2007 about the acceptance of their abstract.
- If the abstract is accepted for this conference, the author is asked to submit his full communication paper, optionally along with a PowerPoint presentation of his/her paper, until the submission deadline of 20 October 2007.
- The conference committee will then organize a round of peer-review of the submitted communication papers, and authors are eventually asked to revise their paper based on peer-reviewer's comments.
- Finally, accepted communication papers will appear on the website immediately after their acceptance.
- Presented communications papers can be discussed, commented and rated during the time of the conference, 1-30 November 2007.
Communications for the proceedings issue must have the following organization:
- Full author names
- Affiliations and authors' e-mail addresses
- Methods / Experim
- Results and Discussion
Communications should be prepared in MS Word or any other word processor and should be converted to the PDF format before submission. The publication format will be PDF. The Communication paper should count at least 3 pages (incl. figures, tables and references). There is no page limit on the length, although authors are asked to keep their papers as concise as possible.
Authors are encouraged to preare a couple of slides in PowerPoint or similar software, to be displayed online along with the Communication. Slides, if available, will be displayed directly in the website using Sciforum.net's proprietary slides viewer. Slides can be prepared in exactly the same way as for any traditional conference where research results can be presented. Slides should be converted to the PDF format before submission so that our process can easily and automatically convert them for online displaying.
MDPI AG, the publisher of the Sciforum.net platform, is an open access publisher. We believe that authors should retain the copyright to their scholarly works. Hence, by submitting a Communication paper to this conference, you retain the copyright of your paper, but you grant MDPI AG the non-exclusive right to publish this paper online on the Sciforum.net platform. This means you can easily submit your paper to any scientific journal at a later stage and transfer the copyright to its publisher (if required by that publisher).
List of accepted submissions (75)
Synthesis of New 1-Substituted-4-(2-phenylquinazolin-4-yl and 4-ylidene)
Submitted: 29 Nov 2007
Abstract: Show Abstract
|Two new 1-substituted-4-(2-phenylquinazolin-4-yl and 4-ylidene) thiosemicarbazides 3 and 5 were formed by multistep domino reaction of imidoyl isothiocyanate derivative 1 with 1,1-di-R hydrazine in acetone solution. Applied hydrazine hydrate under the same reaction condition afforded 4-(2-phenylquinazolin-4(3H)-ylidene)-2-(prop-1-en-2-yl)-1- (propan-2-lidene) thiosemicarbazide (7) via six step three component domino reaction. Compounds 3, 5 and 7 were identified by CHNS elemental analysis, 1 H-NMR,13 C-NMR spectral data and their correlation with ones from known structural motives.
|Convenient Synthesis of Novel Amino Acid Coupled Benzanilides
|A facile and convenient synthesis of a variety of Methyl 2-(2-Benzoylaminobenzoylamino) alkanoate 4a-d has been developed by the DCC coupling of 2- Benzoylamino-benzoic acid with amino acid methyl ester. Compounds 4a-c were alternatively prepared by the reaction of aminoacid ester with 3,1-benzoxazinone 2 in pyridine. Dipeptides 8a-j were subsequently prepared following the azide coupling method. Compounds 4 and 8 were expected to possess antimicrobial activity.
|Quantitative Regeneration of Carbonyl Compounds from Oximes and hydrazones by Gaseous Nitrogen Dioxide
|Treatment of various oximes and phenylhydrazones with gaseous nitrogen dioxide at room temperature afforded the corresponding carbonyl compounds in high to quantitative yields and a simple and solventless method.
|Different Behaviouof of Disubtituted Aromatic Heterocycles in Polar Diels-Alder Reactions
|Dienophilic behaviour of disubstituted aromatic heterocycles towards normal electron demand Diels-Alder reactions is studied under thermal conditions. Formation of pyrrolyl-thiophenes are observed only in the reactions of nitrothiophenes with isoprene.
|Isoprene-mediated lithiation of chiral N-alkylimidazoles
|The isoprene-mediated lithiation of different chiral N-alkylimidazoles (2a and 2b) and the following reaction with pivalaldehyde leads to the corresponding imidazolylpropanol derivatives 4 and 5 with excellent overall yield, but low de (up to 26%).