Instructions for Authors
Procedure for Submission, Peer-Review, Revision and Acceptance of Conference Proceedings Papers
- Scholars interested in participating with the conference can submit their abstract (about 300 words covering the content of the manuscript for the proceedings) online on this website until 15 January 2015 6 February 2015.
- The International Review Panel of the conference will evaluate, based on the submitted abstract, whether a contribution from the authors of the abstract will be welcome for the True Smart and Green City? The 8th International Conference of the International Forum on Urbanism (IFoU). All authors will be notified by 1 February 2015 21 February 2015 about the acceptance of their abstract.
- If the abstract is accepted for this conference, the authors will be asked to submit the full manuscript by 1 April 2015 30 April 2015. Please register as soon as possible for the conference, ideally while you submit your full manuscript (you can register to participate the conference in Incheon, Korea in June 2015 or make a virtual registration only, where you can publish a paper in the proceedings but will not attend the conference in Korea - see the Registration page for more information). You can also register later if you wish (note that the early bird rates apply for registrations that are made up to 31 March 2015).
- The conference proceedings will be made available on the 8th IFoU conference pages on Sciforum as well as on the IFoU website. Additionally, a printed copy will be offered to the participants of the conference.
- The open access journal Sustainability, which is covered by the Science Citation Index Expanded and the Social Sciences Citation Index (Web of Science), will publish a special issue with papers from the conference. Authors of proceedings papers are free to submit to this special issue after the conference or to any other journal. Note that the submission of manuscripts to Sustainability is independent of the submission to this conference. The journal will organize its own peer-review and article processing charges (APC) apply for the publication in open access format. Please refer to the journal website for more information. Alternatively, the journal Management of Environmental Quality and the International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development will be accepting submissions from this conference as well.
Proceedings PaperManuscripts for the proceedings issue must have the following organization:
- Full author names
- Affiliations (including full postal address) and authors' e-mail addresses
- Abstract (200-300 words)
- Results and Discussion
Manuscripts should be prepared in MS Word or any other word processor and should be converted to the PDF format before submission. The publication format will be PDF. The manuscript should count at least 3 pages (incl. figures, tables and references). There is no page limit on the length, although authors are asked to keep their papers as concise as possible.
Submission of Abstracts & Manuscripts
Submission: Abstracts and manuscripts should be submitted online at www.sciforum.net by registering and logging in to this website.Accepted File Formats
- MS Word: Manuscript prepared in MS Word must be converted into a single file before submission. When preparing manuscripts in MS Word, the Electronic Conference on Sensors and Applications Microsoft Word template file (see download below) must be used. Please do not insert any graphics (schemes, figures, etc.) into a movable frame which can superimpose the text and make the layout very difficult.
- Paper Format: A4 paper format, the printing area is 17.5 cm x 26.2 cm. The margins should be 1.75 cm on each side of the paper (top, bottom, left, and right sides).
- Paper Length: The manuscript should count at least 3 pages (incl. figures, tables and references). There is no page limit on the length, although authors are asked to keep their papers as concise as possible.
- Formatting / Style: The paper style of the Journal Sustainability should be followed. You may download the template file to prepare your paper (see above). The full titles and the cited papers must be given. Reference numbers should be placed in square brackets [ ], and placed before the punctuation; for example  or [1-3], and all the references should be listed separately and as the last section at the end of the manuscript.
- Authors List and Affiliation Format: Authors' full first and last names must be given. Abbreviated middle name can be added. For papers written by various contributors a corresponding author must be designated. The PubMed/MEDLINE format is used for affiliations: complete street address information including city, zip code, state/province, country, and email address should be added. All authors who contributed significantly to the manuscript (including writing a section) should be listed on the first page of the manuscript, below the title of the article. Other parties, who provided only minor contributions, should be listed under Acknowledgments only. A minor contribution might be a discussion with the author, reading through the draft of the manuscript, or performing English corrections.
- Figures, Schemes and Tables: Authors are encouraged to prepare figures and schemes in color. Full color graphics will be published free of charge. Figure and schemes must be numbered (Figure 1, Scheme I, Figure 2, Scheme II, etc.) and a explanatory title must be added. Tables should be inserted into the main text, and numbers and titles for all tables supplied. All table columns should have an explanatory heading. Please supply legends for all figures, schemes and tables. The legends should be prepared as a separate paragraph of the main text and placed in the main text before a table, a figure or a scheme.