Travel & Registration Information
|Early Registration (until 31 May 2015)|
|Academic, three days||400 CHF|
|MDPI Author*, three days - 20% discount||320 CHF|
|MDPI Reviewer**, three days - 10% discount||360 CHF|
|Academic, single day||200 CHF|
|Academic, low-income country, three days***||200 CHF|
|Student, three days||200 CHF|
|Commercial, three days||600 CHF|
|Commercial, single day||300 CHF|
|Late Registration (after 1 June 2015)|
|Academic, three days||500 CHF|
|MDPI Author*, three days - 20% discount||400 CHF|
|MDPI Reviewer**, three days - 10% discount||450 CHF|
|Academic, single day||300 CHF|
|Academic, low-income country, three days***||300 CHF|
|Student, three days||300 CHF|
|Commercial, three days||800 CHF|
|Commercial, single day||400 CHF|
|SAGW Member||200 CHF|
|GIUB University of Berne||200 CHF|
|CCRS University of Zurich||200 CHF|
|Sustainability ETH Zurich||200 CHF|
|University of Basel||200 CHF|
|University of Geneva||200 CHF|
|Agenda Post-2015||200 CHF|
|Conference dinner||80 CHF|
|Edited book Frontiers in Sustainability||40 CHF per copy|
The registration fee includes attendance of all conference sessions, morning/afternoon tea/coffee breaks, lunch, conference bag and program book.
Prices are in Swiss Francs.
* First and last authors of articles published in 2012 or later will receive a discount.
**Reviewers who provided timely review reports in 2012 or later will receive a discount.
***Reduced fees will be applied to low-income and lower-middle-income countries as indicated by the World Bank Classification
Letter of Invitation
A letter of invitation can be requested during the registration process using the "comments" field. The letter will be sent to you by email once the registration fees has been received. Letters of invitation do not include responsibility of, and, do not imply any financial support from the conference organizers.
Subscription to an insurance plan to protect you from the high costs of illness or accident during your stay in Switzerland is a prerequisite for obtaining your visa. You should obtain adequate travel, health and accident insurance before you depart from your country (e.g. Allianz Schengen Travel Insurance).
MDPI or the University of Basel are not responsible for personal injuries, or loss of, or damage to, private property belonging to the congress participants.
Citizens of the EU and the EFTA and their family members
- Citizens of EU and EFTA countries must present valid personal identification, an ID card or a passport. No visa is required.
- Regardless of their citizenship, family members of EU and EFTA citizens must present a valid passport and they must have a specific residence permit from a Schengen country (no visa required). Otherwise a visa must be obtained.
For more information, see https://www.bfm.admin.ch/content/bfm/en/home/themen/einreise/kurzfristig/eu-efta-buerger.html.
- EU Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
- EFTA Countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland.
- Schengen Countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
Citizens of the USA and Canada
A valid passport is required. No visa is required for stays of up to 90 days.
A valid passport is required and in some cases a visa must be obtained prior to entering Switzerland. For more information, check the column "Visa required for stays of up to 90 days" for your country in the Overview of ID and visa provisions according to nationality from the Swiss Office for Migration.
Traveling to Basel
For a complete overview, see wikitravel.org.
- By Plane: Basel can easily be reached by direct flights from many cities within Europe to the EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (IATA airport codes: MHL/BSL/EAP). Intercontinental travel to Basel is recommended via Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris or London.
- By Train: reachable from most major cities in France (via Strasbourg or Mulhouse), Germany (via Frankfurt a. M. or Mannheim) and Italy (via Milan).