There is large evidence in the literature that digitalisation improves the market performance of enterprises and, as a consequence, it helps the growth of their businesses. Through digital platforms companies connect with people, improve awareness of their brands, influence consumer’s attitudes, collect feedback from them, improve products and services on sale and, at last, increase their incomes. Clark et al.  conclude that providing basic information should be the dominant role of advertising. This typology of advertising is called Informational in . The informational message strategy presents factual product/services information in clear and concrete terms. In order for an informational advertisement to become informative the message must be perceived as such by the consumers.
Materials & Methods
In this paper we adopt the IT-platform conceptual model given by Sun et al. (2015)  and the linked definition they propose.
We instantiate the platform conceptual model proposed by by Sun et al.. The website technology is the "heart" of our digital platform. There is large evidence in the literature that websites are largely used across companies all over the world [12, 13]. The cost necessary for setting up the platform is low, therefore such a technological solution is within the reach of most enterprises. Moreover, the paper describes the steps of the Informative Marketing process based on the adoption of the proposed Technological Platform. We use the adjective informative instead of informational because the advertisings about the product/service are sent to a community of ad hoc recruited stakeholders, therefore we can assume as relevant the information they receive.
The emphasis of the paper is oriented towards companies whose primary goal is selling, but it is worth notice that the proposed technological platform can be very useful, for example, to national institutes of health to promote campaigns on healthy (and sustainable) food consumption .
- Yogesh K. Dwivedi et al.: Setting the future of digital and social media marketing research: Perspectives and research propositions International Journal of Information Management 2020 (in press)
- Clark, C.K., Doraszelski, U., and Draganska, M.: The effect of advertising on brand awareness and perceived quality: An empirical investigation using panel data. Quantitative Marketing and Economics 2009 7, 207–236 DOI 10.1007/s11129-009-9066-z
- Puto, C.P. and Wells, W.D.: "Informational and Transformational Advertising: the Differential Effects of Time", in Advances in Consumer Research Volume 11, eds. Thomas C. Kinnear, Provo, UT, 1984 638–643.
- Tafesse,W. andWien, A.: Using message strategy to drive consumer behavioral engagement on social media. The Journal of Consumer Marketing 2018, 35(3), 241–253.
- Tiwana, A.: Platform ecosystems: Aligning architecture, governance, and strategy. Burlington, Morgan Kaufmann, 2014.
- Sun, R., Gregor, S., and Keating, B.: Information Technology Platforms: Conceptualisation and a Review of Emerging Research in IS Research, Australasian Conference on Information Systems, Dec. 2015, Adelaide, Australia.
- Parker, G.G., Van Alstyne, M.W., and Choudary, S.P. Platform revolution. W.W. Norton& company 2016.
- de Reuver,M., Sørensen, C.,& Basole, R. The digital platform: A research agenda. Journal of Information Technology, 2017 33(2), 124–135.
- Asadullah, A., Faik, I., and Kankanhalli, A. Digital Platforms: A Review and Future Directions. Twenty-Second Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, Japan, Sept. 2018.
- Hein, A., Schreieck, M., Wiesche, M., Böhm,M., and Krcmar, H. The Emergence of Native Multi-Sided Platforms and Their Influence on Incumbents. Electronic Markets 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12525-019-00350-1
- Hein, A., Schreieck, M., and Riasanow, T. David Soto Setzke, ManuelWiesche, Markus Böhm, and Helmut Krcmar: Digital platform ecosystems. Electronic Markets 2020 30:87–98 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12525-019-00377-4
- Sharma, A., Sharma, S., and Chaudhary, M.: Are small travel agencies ready for digital marketing? Views of travel agency managers Tourism Management 79 2020 104078
- Said, Y.B., Bragazzi, N.L. and Pyatigorskaya, N.V.: Prevalence and Perceived Effectiveness of Pharmaceutical Digital Marketing among Community Pharmacies in Saudi Arabia: A Cross-Sectional Questionnaire-Based Survey Pharmacy 2020, 8, 9; doi:10.3390/pharmacy8010009
- Egria, G. and Bayrakb, C.: The Role of Search Engine Optimization on Keeping the User on the Site. Procedia Computer Science 36 2014 335 – 342 doi: 10.1016/j.procs.2014.09.102
- Brogia, S.: Online brand communities: a literature review. 2nd World Conference on Business, Economics and Management 2003 Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 109 2014 385–389.
- Mudambi, S.M., Oliva, T.A., and Thomas, E.F.: Industrial marketing firms and knowledge transfer: Toward a basic typology of community structures. Industrial Marketing Management 38 2009 181–190 doi:10.1016/j.indmarman.2008.12.006
- Formoso, G. et al.: An Italian Innovative Small-Scale Approach to Promote the Conscious Consumption of Healthy Food. Applied Sciences 2020, 10, 5678; doi:10.3390/app10165678