Instructions for Authors
Procedure for Submission, Peer-Review, Revision and Acceptance of Extended Abstracts
The IS4SI event (conference, symposium, workshop, etc) will accept extended abstracts only. The accepted abstracts will be available online on Sciforum.net during and after the conference. Papers based on the extended abstracts can be published by authors in several journal special issues as well as books, see more under http://is4si-2017.org/publications/. All accepted extended abstracts will be published in the journal Proceedings, under condition that at least one author registers and presents at is4si.
For all submission deadlines and notification dates please visit http://is4si-2017.org/submissions/.
Submission of Extended Abstracts
Submission of extended abstracts should be done by the authors online.
It follows a two-stage procedure. In the first stage, short abstracts are submitted in text format. If accepted, the next stage is to send a formatted pdf file version, (together with its original .docx file) that will be included in the Proceedings.
1. First Stage: Short Abstract in Text Format
If you do not already have an user account with this website, please create one by registering with sciforum.net. After registration, please log in to your user account, and use the Submit New Abstract. Please choose the IS4SI 2017 conference in the first step. In the second step, choose the appropriate conference session, symposium, workshop, etc. In the third step you will be asked to type in the title, abstract and optionally keywords. In the fourth and last step, you will be asked to enter all co-authors, their e-mail addresses and affiliations.
- For participation in paper sessions of the Summit please submit an extended abstract in text format (about 750 to 3000 words) online on this website, to a given event.
- The International Program Committee of each event will review submissions and decide about the suitability of abstracts for the Summit. All authors will be notified about the acceptance of their extended abstract by the notification date.
- If the text abstract is accepted, the authors will be asked to submit a formatted version of the extended abstract as a PDF file.
Please note that the abstract submission and conference registration are two separate processes.
2. Second Stage: Formatted Extended Abstract
Upon acceptance of the text abstract submitted in the first stage, please use the abstract template to prepare formatted pdf file, and send in together with the original version (doc, docx, zip) by the deadline specified at http://is4si-2017.org/submissions/
The formatted version of the extended abstract should have the following organization:
- Full author names
- Affiliations (including full postal address) and authors' e-mail addresses
- Short Abstract (150 to 250 words)
- Extended Abstract (up to 3 pages)
- Paper Format: A4 paper format, the printing area is 17.5 cm x 26.2 cm. The margins should be 1.75 cm on each side of the paper (top, bottom, left, and right sides).
- Paper Length: The manuscript should be 3 pages (incl. references), but not longer.
- Formatting / Style: Please use the template to prepare your abstract (see the link above).
- References & Citations: The full titles of cited papers and books must be given. Reference numbers should be placed in square brackets [ ], and placed before the punctuation; for example  or [1-3], and all the references should be listed separately and as the last section at the end of the manuscript.
- Authors List and Affiliation Format: Authors' full first and last names must be given. Abbreviated middle name can be added. For papers written by various contributors a corresponding author must be designated. The PubMed/MEDLINE format is used for affiliations: complete street address information including city, zip code, state/province, country, and email address should be added. All authors who contributed significantly to the manuscript (including writing a section) should be listed on the first page of the manuscript, below the title of the article. Other parties, who provided only minor contributions, should be listed under Acknowledgments only. A minor contribution might be a discussion with the author, reading through the draft of the manuscript, or performing English corrections.
- Figures, Schemes and Tables: Authors are encouraged to prepare figures and schemes in color. Figure and schemes must be numbered (Figure 1, Scheme I, Figure 2, Scheme II, etc.) and a explanatory title must be added. Tables should be inserted into the main text, and numbers and titles for all tables supplied. All table columns should have an explanatory heading. Please supply legends for all figures, schemes and tables. The legends should be prepared as a separate paragraph of the main text and placed in the main text before a table, a figure or a scheme.
Copyright to the extended abstracts will stay with the authors of the paper. Authors will be asked to grant MDPI AG (Publisher of the Sciforum platform) and ISIS (organizer of the conference) a non-exclusive, non-revokable license to publish the abstracts online and possibly in print under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) license. As authors retain the rights to their abstracts and papers, papers can be published elsewhere later.