2nd International Electronic Conference on Sensors and Applications
S4: Sports & Sensors
Dr. Francesco Braghin, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Milano, Italy and Dr. Manuela Galli, Department of Electronics, Information and Biongineering (DEIB), Politecnico di Milano, Milano, Italy
The Sports & Sensors session is aimed at sharing scientific researches in sensor technology applied to sports and at collecting valid points of discussion in the standardization of performance indicators.
Original contributions are solicited on scientific and engineering advances in quantitative analysis of sport gestures in athlete, equipment performance and environmental influence.
Experimental works are welcome, including papers developed with a multi-disciplinary approach.
In particular, participants are invited to submit their contributions in the following areas:
- Quantitative evaluation of sportive gesture and performance
- Movement analysis in elite atletes and disabled people
- Indoor and outdoor movement analysis devices developed for sportive applications
- Metabolic analysis in sports
- Equipment monitoring for performance evaluation and interaction with the athlete
- Environmental monitoring and correlation with performance
Application oriented papers are also encouraged, including but not limited to:
- Optoelectronic system
- Force platform
- Baropodometric platform
- EMG system
- Inertial systems