PDFA, Polymers: Design, Function and Application (PDFA) announces the availability of awards for postdocs, PhD students and young researchers conducting research in the field of polymer research and who plan to attend the PDFA 2018 conference.
Winners will be awarded 500 Swiss Francs with a certificate and a waiver of the registration fee for the PDFA conference. Runners-up will be granted a waiver of the registration fee for the PDFA conference.
- Applicants must be postdoctoral fellows or PhD students involved in the polymer research field
- The abstracts submitted by the applicants must be accepted by the scientific committee of the PDFA conference
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- A brief description of current and future research.
- A CV, including a complete list of publications.
- A letter of recommendation from their supervisor, research director or department head which also confirms that the applicant fulfills all requirements.
Young Investigator Award
The award consists of 2500 Swiss Francs, a plaque, a waiver of the registration fees of the next Polymers conference in 2020 and a plenary presentation at the next conference. Nominations are open to all investigators who work in the polymer research field. The candidates must be nominated by two established scientists rather than sending applications themselves. The support letter should highlight their achievements and contribution to the field and recommend them for this award. Self-nomination is not accepted.
- Ground-breaking contribution to the advancement of the field
- 35 years of age and under (by 31 December 2017)
- Curriculum Vitae and list of publications
- Nomination letter from two established scientists in the polymer research field
There will be a special session at the PDFA for the Young Investigator Award, at which point candidates are requested to give a presentation of their research. Evaluation committees will attend the special session and decide which one will be granted the Award.
Please send your nominations and applications to the Polymers Editorial Office at firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November 2017.
2016 winner: Dr. Luis M. Campos, Chemistry Department of Columbia University, USA
|Left: Prof. Frank Wiesbrock, Assoc. Editor of Polymers
Middle: Dr. Luis Campos, Winner of 1st YIA
Right: Prof. Alexander Böker, EiC of Polymers