Welcome from the Chair
Welcome from the Conference Chairs
Welcome to "3rd International Materials, Industrial, and Manufacturing Engineering Conference". This international conference is intended to facilitate both publishing and networking. It aims to be the platform for information dissemination, gathering and networking for academia, researchers, and engineers or professionals within the area of Materials Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and Manufacturing Engineering. Considering the complexity and multidisciplinary nature of engineering problems, we would also like to extend this invitation to those working/researching/studying on related fields.
In previous series, MIMEC saw participation of over 300 submissions from 37 countries across 5 continents. This time, the conference goes to Penang, Malaysia. This conference is organized still with the intention to be unique, effective, affordable, and memorable to you. Hopefully you will enjoy and benefit from your participation in this conference, as presenter (both orally or by posters), exhibitors, and sponsors.
So, mark your calendar, prepare your submissions, visit this website, and keep in touch for updates. To potential exhibitors and sponsors, you are very welcome to cooperate with us.
Looking forward to your participation in MIMEC2017.
Call for Participation
The 3rd International Materials, Industrial, and Manufacturing Engineering Conference (MIMEC2017) will be held in Miri, Malaysia on 6 – 8 December 2017. The international conference returns with exciting features for facilitating participants in publishing and networking. You are cordially invited to participate by first submitting abstract(s) to MIMEC2017.
Instructions for Authors
Abstract should be submitted through Sciforum system: https://sciforum.net/conference/MIMEC2017
How to submit an abstract:
- Step 1: Click the link above to enter the MIMEC2017 page in Sciforum.
- Click the "Submit new abstract" button.
- Log in to your Sciforum account. If you do not have one yet, please register as a new user.
- Once logging in, you may proceed with abstract submission
- Step 2: Select a session. Make your selection and click "Next" button.
- In Step 3, enter (or copy and paste) the title, abstract, and keywords in the space provided. Also, make selection for Paper and Poster:
- Paper: "Yes" if you intend to submit full paper later on (after abstract acceptance) OR "No" if you intend to submit abstract only.
- Poster: "Yes" if you prefer to present by poster OR "No" if you prefer to do oral presentation
- Talk: leave the selection as "No".
- Click "Next" afterwards
- Proceed to Step 4 to input the Author(s) and identifying the Presenter and Corresponding Author. You need to key in First Name, Last name, email, and affiliation. Please list all authors of the abstract.
- Click the "Save and send to editors" button to complete the abstract submission process.
- There is no template for abstract submission.
- If your submission is successful, you will receive submission ID, immediately in your Sciforum account and through email notification.
- To submit multiple abstract(s), repeat the submission steps above.
- Contact us if you found difficulty in submitting the abstract.
- If you intend to submit abstract only (without full paper), you do not need to submit anything further.
- Please fill in the Pre-Registration Form to start the registration process. The information will be used in acceptance letter and invoice. Also to inform us about your choice of journal publication for your full paper.
- List and information about the partner journals is available here ( www.mimec.me/publication )
- Submission of full paper should only be done after the abstract is accepted. Due is 15 September.
- Identify the journal you wish to submit your full paper to. You may select up to 3 journals.
- Ensure your paper is within the aims and scope of the journal.
- Registration fee only covers publishing fee/article processing charge in our partner journals without impact factor (but ISI/Scopus indexed). If you select the journal with impact factor, you will be charged with publishing fee/article processing charge by the journal on top of the registration fee for MIMEC2017.
- Fill in the Pre-Registration Form. Mention and rank 3 journals you prefer.
- Prepare your full paper according to the format/template of the journal of your first choice.
- Submit the MS Word and PDF files of your full paper in your Author account in Sciforum:
- Log in to your Sciforum account (in Author Options)
- Click "Edit submission".
- Upload the files.
- Click "Submit files".
- Wait until you receive notification or further instruction. This may take few days/weeks.
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Johor Bahru 81310
Department of Mechanical Engineering
About This Conference
- Engineering materials (metals & alloys, ceramics, polymers, composites)
- Biomaterials and implants
- Nanomaterials and nanotechnology
- Surface engineering (coating, thin films, wear)
- Functional materials
- Materials characterization and testing
- Mechanics of materials
- Materials processing
- Mechanical behavior and failure (creep, fatigue, fracture)
- Materials applications
- Modelling and simulations
- Microstructure-properties relationship
- Corrosion and degradation of materials
- Non destructive test/evaluation
15:00 – 17:00 Registration opens, Committee Meeting (by invitation)December 6 (Wednesday)
08:00 – 16:00 Registration continues (closes during lunch time)
08:20 – 10:00 Parallel sessions 1
10:00 – 10:30 Morning break
10:30 – 12:00 Keynote Speeches and Opening Ceremony
12:30 – 14:00 Press Conference and Lunch
14:00 – 16:00 Parallel sessions 2
16:00 – 16:30 Afternoon break
16:00 – 17:00 Poster session P1
08:00 – 12:30 Registration continues
08:20 – 10:00 Parallel sessions 3
10:00 – 10:30 Morning break
10:30 – 11:00 Keynote Speech
11:00 – 12:00 Poster session P2
12:00 – 14:00 Lunch
14:00 – 16:00 Parallel sessions 4
16:00 – 16:30 Afternoon break
16:30 – 17:00 Keynote Speech
19:30 – 21:00 Conference dinner, free activities
09:00 – 12:00 iSuMMa 2017, MERA 2017
Program details to be updated
Proceedings & Editors
- Metals (IF : 1.574, Q1)*
- Sustainability (IF : 1.343, Q3)*
- Advances in Mechanical Engineering (IF : 0.640, Q4)*
- Indian Journal of Engineering and Materials Sciences (IF: 0.456, Q4)
- Facta Universitatis series Mechanical Engineering (ISI/WoS ESCI indexed)
- Australian Journal of Mechanical Engineering (ISI/WoS ESCI indexed)
- Journal of Engineering and Technological Sciences (ISI/WoS ESCI indexed)
- International Journal of Advanced and Applied Sciences (ISI/WoS ESCI indexed)
- Fibers (ISI/WoS ESCI indexed)*
- AIP Conference Proceedings (ISI/WoS CPCI indexed)
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
Faculty of Engineering and Sciences, Curtin University, Malaysia
Travel & Registration Information
USD 50 discount for MIMEC2013 and MIMEC2015 attendees.
USD 1 = MYR 4 for attendees from Malaysian institution/affiliation.
Optional Adds On
Additional Abstract or Full Paper (each)
Additional Dinner ticket (each)
- Early registration: before/on 6 September 2017. Please refer to your invoice and info update from MIMEC Secretariat.
- The registration fee for Presenter and Non-presenting Participant categories includes access to technical sessions, conference kits, certificate of participation (as Presenter or Participant), 4 coffee breaks, 2 lunches, and 1 Dinner ticket.
- Special USD 50 discount for attendees of MIMEC2013 and MIMEC2015. This special discount is sponsored by Sarawak Convention Bureau, one of MIMEC2017 sponsors.
- Special conversion rate of USD 1 = MYR 4 for Presenter/Student Presenter/Participant from Malaysian institution/affiliation.
- Registration method to be updated. Please do not pay registration fee until you receive notification that your abstract (or full paper) is conditionally accepted.
- Cancellation policy:
- In the unlikely event that MIMEC2017 is cancelled, the Registration Fee will be refunded 100%.
- Registration cancellation by the Presenter/Student Presenter/Participant can be partially refunded, minus processing fee of 20% for cancellation before/on 6 September 2017, 50% for cancellation before/on 6 October 2017, and 100% for cancellation after 6 October 2017.
There are 3 steps to do to complete registration:
1. Fill in the Pre-Registration Form
-Kindly complete your personal details as it will be used for the Invoice and the Acceptance/Invitation Letter.
-Soon (up to few days) afterwards, we shall email you the Invoice and Acceptance/Invitation Letter.
-The information you fill in will also be used for selection of journal for your full paper.
2. Pay the registration fee
Please observe the options given on the invoice.
3. Email the proof of registration fee payment (as attachment(s)) to email@example.com
Please mention your submission ID number(s) on your email.
Note: Please do not pay registration fee until you receive notification that your abstract is conditionally accepted.