Call for Expression of Interest in Hosting the Symmetry Conference
The Symmetry Steering Committee seeks Expressions of Interest (EoI) from universities/organizations/individual scholars to host an edition of the Symmetry Conference Series. There is no restriction in the geographic areas considered.
What is Symmetry?
Symmetry is a conference series dedicated to bring together scientists and leaders in the field from different areas to discuss important recent developments and ideas of symmetry in a variety of subjects ranging from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, to Biology.
Please note that the follow-on editions will not be restrained to the topics discussed in previous editions and, therefore, new and different topics within the symmetry field are sought.
The Symmetry conference is organized every two years. The Symmetry Steering Committee is accepting EoIs to organize the 2019 edition until 28 February 2018.
Bidders must have the facility to organize and host a three-day symposium of roughly 150–200 participants including:
- Easy access to the symposium venue and the capability to offer a wide range of services, such as catering, WLAN and internet services, organization of social events.
- Ability to cover all costs with registration fees and sponsoring.
- Capacity to handle and collect registration fees.
When necessary, and based on the input provided by the local host, MDPI will provide support to manage the website on Sciforum, to edit the abstracts and to prepare the conference book. MDPI will help to design the logos and banners for the conference website following the style of the previous Symmetry edition. MDPI will promote the new conference edition on relevant MDPI journals homepages.
Expression of Interest Instructions
- EoI must be submitted by 28 February 2018 to EoI@mdpi.com
- The length of the application should not exceed two A4 pages and should include:
- Name(s) of the bidder(s), contact details and a short biography
- Name of the planned venue (city and infrastructure)
- Proposed dates for the conference
- Once all the bids have been reviewed, the selection committee will invite bidders to submit a detailed proposal by 31 March 2018.
The Selection Committee looks forward to receiving your EoI. Please feel free to forward this call for EoI to other interested parties.
The Selection Committee:
Dr. Lucia Russo
Ms. Demi Liu
Mr. Matthias Burkhalter