Instructions for Authors
- Researchers interested in attending the conference must submit the abstract, on this website and no later than 30 September 2017.
- The Conference Committee will pre-evaluate, based on the submitted abstract, whether a contribution from the author fits in the scope of The 2nd International Electronic Conference on Metabolomics. All authors will be notified by 10 October 2017 about the acceptance of their abstract.
- After the abstract is accepted by the Scientific Committee, the authors will be invited to prepare a full description of their work preferably under the form of a PowerPoint and/or video presentation, and to upload it before 10 November 2017 to ensure final check.
- The presentations will be accessible on http://sciforum.net/conference/iecm-2 during the conference time.
- Accepted full papers will be published in the Journal Proceedings (PPT and videos will not be published). After the conference, the authors are also welcome to submit an extended version of the proceeding papers to the Metabolites Special Issue with 20% discount of the APC charges.
Manuscripts for the proceedings issue must have the following organization:
- Full author names
- Affiliations (including full postal address) and authors' e-mail addresses
- Abstract (max 200 words) and 3-5 Keywords
- Results and Discussion
Manuscripts should be prepared in MS Word or any other word processor and should be converted to the PDF format before submission. The publication format will be PDF. The manuscript should count at least 3 pages (including figures, tables and references). There is no page limit on the length, although authors are asked to keep their papers as concise as possible.
Authors are encouraged to prepare a power point presentation using the template provided by the Conference (see download below). Slides will be displayed directly in the website using Sciforum.net's proprietary slides viewer. They can be prepared in the same way as for any traditional conference where research results can be presented. Slides should be converted to the PDF format before submission so that our process can easily and automatically convert them for online displaying.
International Electronic Conference on Metabolomics PPT template file
Authors are also welcome to submit video presentations. If you are interested in submitting, please contact the conference organizer (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) to get to know more about the procedure.
Tips for authors: If you would like to prepare a video (15-20 minutes) based on your PPT presentation, you may use the "record slide" function in the PowerPoint. After recording, you can save the file as type: MPEG-4 Viedo (*.mp4).
Submission of Manuscripts
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.sciforum.net/login by registering and logging in to this website. Please use below Microsoft Word template to prepare your manuscript.
International Electronic Conference on Metabolomics Microsoft Word Template
Note: Please do not insert any graphics (schemes, figures, etc.) into a movable frame which can superimpose the text and make the layout very difficult.
- Formatting / Style: The paper style of the Journal Metabolites should be followed. You may download the template file to prepare your paper. The full titles and the cited papers must be given. Reference numbers should be placed in square brackets [ ], and placed before the punctuation; for example  or [1-3], and all the references should be listed separately and as the last section at the end of the manuscript. See the Reference List and Citations Guide for more detailed information.
- Authors List and Affiliation Format: Authors' full first and last names must be given. Abbreviated middle name can be added. For papers written by various contributors, a corresponding author must be designated. The PubMed/MEDLINE format is used for affiliations: complete street address information including city, zip code, state/province, country, and email address should be added. All authors who contributed significantly to the manuscript (including writing a section) should be listed on the first page of the manuscript, below the title of the article. Other parties, who provided only minor contributions, should be listed under Acknowledgments only.
- Figures, Schemes and Tables: 1) All Figures, Schemes and Tables should be inserted into the main text close to their first citation and must be numbered following their number of appearance (Figure 1, Scheme I, Figure 2, Scheme II, Table 1, etc.). 2) All Figures, Schemes and Tables should have a short explanatory title and caption. 3) All table columns should have an explanatory heading.
- Supplementary Materials: Describe any supplementary material published online alongside the manuscript (figure, tables, video, spreadsheets, etc.). Please indicate the name and title of each element as follows Figure S1: title, Table S1: title, etc.
Potential Conflicts of Interest
It is the authors' responsibility to identify and declare any personal circumstances or interests that may be perceived as inappropriately influencing the representation or interpretation of clinical research. If there is no conflict, please state here "The authors declare no conflict of interest." This should be conveyed in a separate "Conflict of Interest" statement preceding the "Acknowledgments" and "References" sections at the end of the manuscript. Financial support for the study must be fully disclosed under "Acknowledgments" section. It is the authors' responsibility to identify and declare any personal circumstances or interests that may be perceived as inappropriately influencing the representation or interpretation of clinical research. If there is no conflict, please state here "The authors declare no conflict of interest." This should be conveyed in a separate "Conflict of Interest" statement preceding the "Acknowledgments" and "References" sections at the end of the manuscript. Financial support for the study must be fully disclosed under "Acknowledgments" section.
MDPI AG, the publisher of the Sciforum.net platform, is an open access publisher. We believe that authors should retain the copyright to their research works. Hence, by submitting a contribution to this conference, the authors retain the copyright of their contribution, but they grant MDPI AG the non-exclusive right to publish this contribution online on the Sciforum.net platform. This means the authors can easily submit their contribution to any scientific journal at a later stage and transfer the copyright to its publisher (if required by that publisher).