The 28th International Electronic Conference on Synthetic Organic Chemistry
15–30 Nov 2024
Polymer, Computational Chemistry, Biorganic, Natural Products, Microwave Chemistry, Organic Synthesis, Supramolecular Chemistry
- Go to the Sessions
- Event Details
Welcome from the Chair
The Electronic Conferences on Synthetic Organic Chemistry (ECSOC) is a series of conferences held online since 1997. Originally, it was an initiative of the MDPI and later merged with the University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain. It is currently the longest running electronic conference in the world. It keeps participation and registration free in the true spirit of open access on the World Wide Web.
In 2024, as in previous editions, the congress will cover a wide range of aspects involved in synthetic organic chemistry. A non-exhaustive list of topics to be considered includes:
- General Organic Synthesis;
- Chemistry of Bioorganic, Medicinal and Natural Products;
- Microwave assisted synthesis;
- Polymers and Supramolecular Chemistry;
- Computational Chemistry.
ECSOC-28 offers you the opportunity to participate in an international academic conference without having to worry or spend money on travel. The conference will be completely free, both to “attend” and for academics to upload and present their latest work on the conference platform.
We hope you can join this exciting event and support us in making it a success. We look forward to receiving your research papers and welcoming you to this 28th edition of the electronic conference.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Dr. Julio A. Seijas
President of the 28th Electronic Conference on Synthetic Organic Chemistry (ECSOC-28)
Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Registration for ECSOC-28 will be free of charge! The registration includes attendance at all conference sessions.
When registering with several people under the same registration, please do not use the same email address for each person, but their individual university email addresses. Thank you for your understanding.
Please note that the abstract submission and registration are two separate parts. Only those who have registered will receive a link to access the conference live streaming. The deadline for registration is 13th November 2024.
Instructions for Authors
Note: Institutional email address is requested especially for the corresponding author. Please submit the abstract with the institutional email address, submissions with the email addresses like gmail.com, 163.com, hotmail.com, qq.com etc. will not be reviewed.
- Scholars interested in participating in this conference can submit their communication abstracts (about 200–250 words, not including references) online on this website until 1st July 2024. Only the preliminary communications of research results (containing introduction, results and discussion, experimental part and references) will be considered.
- Abstracts will be evaluated based on their scientific quality and suitability for the conference sections. All authors will be notified by 25th July 2024 regarding the acceptance of their abstract for the 28th International Electronic Conference on Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
- Once the abstract has been accepted, the author is requested to submit their manuscript (short proceedings paper, 3–6 pages) before 30th August 2024. Optionally, authors of accepted papers will be able to submit a poster, a slides presentation (in PDF) and/or a short video presentation (max. 3–5 minutes) as supporting material for the paper. You can submit the full paper by accessing My Submission.
The text in the abstract must match that presented in the full communication. Those abstracts that are not completed with full communication will be withdrawn by the editors. PowerPoint presentations or videos are complements to the full communication and cannot be presented as a substitute for it.
- The conference proceedings papers and presentations will be available on ecsoc-28.sciforum.net for discussion and rating during the time of the conference, from 15–30 November 2024.
- All submissions will be reviewed using the powerful text comparison tool iThenticate. This procedure aims to prevent scholarly and professional plagiarism. Submissions will then be peer-reviewed by conference committees based on originality/novelty, quality of presentation, scientific soundness, interest to the readers, overall merit and English level. After the conference, all submissions will be published on sciforum.net, and only the proceeding paper (3-6 pages) will be published in the MDPI Chemistry Proceedings journal (ISSN 2673-4583).
Note: Publication of proceedings paper is free of charge.Before publication, Chemistry Proceedings journal will check the plagiarism issue again. Submissions with a lack of novelty will not be published in the journal.
- Participants of this conference are cordially invited to contribute a full manuscript to a dedicated Special Issue in the journal Molecules (ISSN 1420-3049, IF 4.6). Papers presented at the conference will be granted a 20% discount in the Special Issue.
Note: The submission to the journal is independent of the conference proceedings and will follow the usual process of the journal, including peer review, APC, etc.
Proceedings papers must be prepared in MS Word or any other word processor and should be converted to PDF format before submission. The manuscript should count at least 3 pages (incl. figures, tables and references) and should not exceed 6 pages. Carefully read the rules outlined in the 'Instructions for Authors' of the Chemistry Proceedings journal and ensure that your manuscript submission adheres to these guidelines.
Manuscripts for the proceedings issue must have the following organization:
Full author names
Affiliations (including full postal address) and authors' e-mail addresses
Results and Discussion
The 28th International Electronic Conference on Synthetic Organic Chemistry Microsoft Word template file and LaTex template file:
Authors are encouraged to prepare a presentation in PowerPoint or similar software, to be displayed online along with the manuscript. Slides can be prepared the same way as for any traditional conference. They should be converted to PDF format before submission.
Authors are also encouraged to submit video presentations. This is a unique way of presenting your paper and discussing it with peers from all over the world. Videos should be no longer than 3–5 minutes and prepared with one of the following formats: .mp4 / .webm / .ogg (max size: 250Mb). They should be submitted with the full manuscript before 30th August 2024 (full submission deadline).
Potential Conflicts of Interest
All authors must disclose all relationships or interests that could inappropriately influence or bias their work. This should be conveyed in a separate "Conflict of Interest" statement preceding the "Acknowledgments" and "References" sections at the end of the manuscript. If there is no conflict, please state "The authors declare no conflict of interest." Financial support for the study must be fully disclosed under the "Acknowledgments" section.
MDPI, the publisher of the Sciforum.net platform, is an open-access publisher. We believe that authors should retain the copyright to their scholarly works. Hence, by submitting a communication paper to this conference, you retain the copyright of your paper, but you grant MDPI the non-exclusive right to publish this paper online on the Sciforum.net platform. This means you can easily submit your paper to any scientific journal at a later stage and transfer the copyright to its publisher (if required by that publisher).
To acknowledge the support of the conference's esteemed authors and recognize their outstanding scientific accomplishments, Molecules is pleased to announce that the conference will provide 6 Awards for Best Paper Award and Best Presentation Award.
The Best Paper Award is given to the Paper Submission judged to have made the most significant contribution at the conference.
The Best Presentation Award is given for the Presentation judged to have made the most significant contribution at the conference.
There will be six winners selected for these awards. Winners will receive a certificate and 200 CHF each.
1. Full paper/presentation must be submitted to ECSOC-28;
2. The quality of the paper/presentation;
3. The scientific content of the paper/presentation.
1. Each Evaluation Committee member will give an assessment for each paper/presentation in terms of the criteria outlined above.
2. The score for each paper/presentation will be ranked, from highest to lowest.
3. If two or more papers/presentations get the same score, further evaluation will be carried out.
4. All decisions made by the Evaluation Committee are final.
Sponsors and Partners
For information regarding sponsorship and exhibition opportunities, please click here.
Mr. Parker Hou
Mr. Benjamin Tay
For inquiries regarding submissions and sponsorship opportunities, please feel free to contact us.