The 3rd International Electronic Conference on Animals
12–14 Mar 2025
Animal Nutrition, Genes and Genetics, Precision Livestock Farming, Animal Welfare, One Health, Animal Products
- Go to the Sessions
- A. Sustainable animal nutrition
- B. Animal genetics and genomics
- C. Sustainable animal physiology and reproduction
- D. Environmental challenges to animals and precision livestock farming
- E. Sustainable animal welfare, ethics and human-animal interactions
- F. Sustainability of products derived from animals
- G. One health - improve the disease manifestation and management in animals, humans and environment
- Event Details
Welcome from the Chairs
It is with great enthusiasm that we announce the 3rd International Electronic Conference on Animals (IECA 2025). The conference is organized by the MDPI open access journal Animals (ISSN: 2076-2615; Impact Factor: 3.0) and will be held online from 12 to 14 March 2025.
On behalf of the Conference Chairs for IECA 2025, I invite you to participate in this important meeting. Animals face unprecedented challenges worldwide, including declining genetic diversity, climate change, pollution, and intensive production systems, to name but a few. The main topics and sessions of the conference are as follows:
- Sustainable animal nutrition;
- Animal genetics and genomics;
- Sustainable animal physiology and reproduction;
- Environmental challenges to animals and precision livestock farming;
- Sustainable animal welfare, ethics and human–animal interactions;
- Sustainability of products derived from animals;
- One health: improve disease manifestation and management in animals, humans, and the environment.
All the accepted abstracts will be available online on Sciforum.net during and after the conference.
Please join in the discussion about how we can care for the planet's animal heritage better. You cannot afford to miss this conference!
Prof. Dr. Clive J. C. Phillips
Prof. Dr. Colin G. Scanes
Prof. Dr. Michael Hässig
Follow the conference organizer on Social Media
Institute of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences, Estonian University of Life Sciences, Estonia,
Curtin University Sustainability Policy (CUSP) Institute, Australia
Clive Phillips was Australia’s first Professor of Animal Welfare, at the University of Queensland, and foundation director of the Centre for Animal Welfare and Ethics. His PhD focused on dairy cow nutrition and behaviour. He was previously a lecturer at the Universities of Cambridge and Wales. He has authored about 400 scientific journal articles on the welfare of farm, zoo and companion animals, animal nutrition, transport and production. His books include Principles of Cattle Production, The Animal Trade and The Welfare of Animals - the Silent Majority. He recently co-edited the Routledge Handbook in Animal Welfare. Clive chairs the Queensland and Western Australian Governments’ Animal Welfare Boards, is editor-in-chief of the journal Animals and Springer’s Animal Welfare book series. His interview series, ‘Conversations with Clive’ can be found at https://tinybeamfund.org/Conversations-With-Clive
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, USA
Colin Scanes was educated in the UK - B.Sc (1st class honours), D.Sc. (University of Hull), Ph.D. (University of Wales). He has published 21 books, 108 reviews/chapters, & 304 refereed papers. He has held faculty/administrative positions at the University of Leeds (UK), Rutgers University (professor/department chair), Iowa State University (professor/executive associate dean), Mississippi State University (professor/Vice president research) and University of Wisconsin Milwaukee (professor/vice chancellor research). He is presently president (Scanes Technology & Research llc. consulting for industry, NGOs and governments). He has received awards for teaching, research and contributions to agriculture (e.g. Honorary doctorate, University for Agriculture, Krakow).
Department for Small Animals, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zürich, Switzerland
Michael Hässig was a professor at Vetsuisse Faculty, the University of Zurich. His main scientific interests are the etiology of bovine abortion, especially infectious etiology, basics on immunology related to abortion and the perinatal time, epidemiological studies and herd problems. Personal additional scientific projects include influence of NIR on bovine health; adverse effects after vaccination; GIS in clinical epidemiology. He is an Expert to the federal commission of the parliament for animal protection, is the Section Editor-in-Chief of "Animal Physiology" in Animals. He has authored about 268 publications and published 54 scientific journal articles as the first author.
B. Animal genetics and genomics
C. Sustainable animal physiology and reproduction
D. Environmental challenges to animals and precision livestock farming
E. Sustainable animal welfare, ethics and human-animal interactions
F. Sustainability of products derived from animals
G. One health - improve the disease manifestation and management in animals, humans and environment
The registration for IECA 2025 will be free of charge! The registration includes attendance to all conference sessions.
If you are registering several people under the same registration, please do not use the same email address for each person, but their individual university email addresses. Thank you for your understanding.
Please note that the submission and registration are two separate parts. Only scholars who registered can receive a link to access the conference live streaming. The deadline for registration is 7 March 2025.
Instructions for Authors
The 3rd International Electronic Conference on Animals will accept abstracts only. The accepted abstracts will be available online on Sciforum.net during and after the conference.
1. Deadline for abstract submission: 13 November 2024.
2. Deadline for abstract acceptance notification: 13 December 2024. You will be notified by 20 January 2025 in a separate email about whether your contribution has been accepted for a poster presentation or an oral presentation via the platform Zoom.
Abstract submissions should be completed online by registering with www.sciforum.net and using the "New Submission" function once logged into the system. No physical template is necessary.
1. The structure abstract should include the introduction, methods, results, and conclusions sections of about 200–300 words in length.
2. All accepted abstracts will be published as one dedicated volume in Proceedings journal (ISSN: 2504-3900). If you wish to publish a full-length proceedings paper or a research article, please refer to the “Publication Opportunities” Section.
3. All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear, publication-ready English with accurate grammar and spelling.
4. You may submit multiple abstracts. However, only one abstract will be selected for oral presentation.
1. The submitting author must ensure that all co-authors are aware of the contents of the abstract.
2. Please select only one presenter for each submission. If you would like to change the presenter after submission, please email us accordingly.
Note: We only accept live presentations.
- Should include the title, authors, contact details and main research findings, as well as tables, figures and graphs where necessary.
- File format: PDF (.pdf).
- Size in pixel: 1,080 width x 1,536 height–portrait orientation.
- Size in cm: 38.1 width x 54.2 height–portrait orientation.
- Font size: ≥16.
The Poster Sessions will take place in Zoom break-out rooms. The rooms will be called after your surname. You will automatically be assigned to your break-out room, however, you will be responsible for your own room, i.e. sharing your screen by yourself, handling the comments in the chat if there are any, etc. People will then be able to visit your room and discuss your poster with you. Please make sure you have the Zoom Desktop client or mobile app, version 5.3.0 or higher.
We will reach out to you closer to the dates of the conference with more information.
Publication of the proceedings will be free of charge.
Authors are asked to disclose that it is a proceeding paper of the IECA 2025 conference paper in their cover letter.
Proceedings submission deadline: 28 April 2025
Carefully read the rules outlined in the 'Instructions for Authors' on the journal’s website and ensure that your submission adheres to these guidelines.
Manuscripts for the proceedings issue must be formatted as follows:
Full author names.
Affiliations (including full postal address) and authors' e-mail addresses.
Results and Discussion.
It is the authors' responsibility to identify and declare any personal circumstances or interests that may be perceived as inappropriately influencing the representation or interpretation of clinical research. If there is no conflict, please state "The authors declare no conflicts of interest." This should be conveyed in a separate "Conflict of Interest" statement preceding the "Acknowledgments" and "References" sections at the end of the manuscript. Any financial support for the study must be fully disclosed in the "Acknowledgments" section.
MDPI, the publisher of the Sciforum.net platform, is an open access publisher. We believe authors should retain the copyright to their scholarly works. Hence, by submitting an abstract to this conference, you retain the copyright to the work, but you grant MDPI the non-exclusive right to publish this abstract online on the Sciforum.net platform. This means you can easily submit your full paper (with the abstract) to any scientific journal at a later stage and transfer the copyright to its publisher if required.
To acknowledge the support of the conference's esteemed authors and recognize their outstanding scientific accomplishments, we are pleased to announce that the conference will provide six awards including Best Oral Presentation Awards and Best Poster Awards.
Number of Awards Available: 6
The Best Oral Presentation Awards are given to the submission judged to make the most significant oral contribution to the conference.
The Best Poster Awards are given to the submission judged to make the most significant and interesting poster for the conference.
There will be six winners selected for these awards. The winner will receive a certificate and 200 CHF each.
Sponsors and Partners
For information regarding sponsorship and exhibition opportunities, please click here.
Ms. Ann Li